paul womack wrote:
Emad ud din Bhatt wrote:
Make sure to minimize camera shake. Set camera on burst continuous shooting
mode and take each frame multiple times. Your chance to get one sharp image
will be maximized. Another trick is to take a table stand with you. Fix camera
on tabletop and press tabletop+dslr against your chest to get sharp images
handheld.

Can anyone suggest an optimisation setting
that will get the measly two images in my PTO
file to align (more or less) perfectly?

I have now tried leaving all the parameters
on my image 0 zeroed, and only optimising
the 6 positions parameters (YPR, XYZ)
on image 1. The optimisation is stable,
but the CP errors are dreadful;

average control point distance: 14.166496
standard deviation: 13.702146
maximum: 49.047939

There is clearly something about the Hugin/Panotools
model that I do not understand.

 BugBear