On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 at 15:39, johnfine2017 wrote:

> I got build instructions both from
> https://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_Fedora
> and from a recent post by Bruno suggesting

> The list of things to install is very different between those two sources.
> Is that first one obsolete?

The wiki will be out of date, the list of packages I gave is that used
to build the current official fedora Hugin package.

> Then my system crashed.  Seemed to be a display driver crash.  Maybe there is
> some problem in building hugin with j16, but more likely it is a display
> driver bug.  In an otherwise new and powerful system, I have an ancient
> graphics card driving two high res displays.  The nouveau driver crashes
> constantly for this hardware, so I'm not using it.  I'm using the 340 driver
> from Nvidia, which doesn't crash much.  But it does crash.

There is definitely something wrong with your graphics setup. The
standard nouveau driver might not have all the top features, but in my
experience it is very stable. You shouldn't expect a problem in Hugin
to crash the whole system like this.

All the warnings about gtk window sizes don't seem to cause any
problems here, though I have often wondered if there was something to
be gained from fixing them.

--
Bruno