johnfi...@gmail.com schrieb am Dienstag, 1. Februar 2022 um 18:15:24 UTC+1:

> On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 11:48:46 AM UTC-5 T. Modes wrote:
>
>> It is difficult to comment because you are often mixing things. Or as an
>> example you contradict yourself
>>
>> johnfi...@gmail.com schrieb am Dienstag, 1. Februar 2022 um 15:41:14
>> UTC+1:
>>
>>>  Hiding would only be temporary: other actions make the magnifier appear
>>> and "hiding" would not suppress that.
>>
>> and later
>>
>>> I want the new 'm' key operation to be the only thing that hides the
>>> magnifier.
>>>
>> It would be hard to split the changes for creating that setting
> Not a contradiction at all.  I* was* saying 'm' would be the only thing
> that hides the magnifier, but would not be the only thing that brings the
> magnifier back once hidden.

But I like this behaviour of automatic hiding when needed and I don't want
to additionally press a key to get this behaviour.

Just to recapitulate how the magnifier work:
a) When a cp is selected (via the list or by clicking on it) the magnifier
is shown. As soon as the mouse moves over one image it is hidden. -> So no
need for an additional shortcut IMO. Just move the mouse.
b) The magnifier is then showing again when dragging the selected cp with
the mouse. When the dragging is finished the magnifier is hidden after 2 s.
During dragging I think the magnifier is helpful for better selection of
the position.

So which behaviour is disturbing you?

> It would be hard to split the changes for creating that setting
You misunderstand me. When the changes requires a new setting then this
belongs to the same changeset. I meant only don't mix different "features"
in one changeset.