On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 09:32:15AM +0100, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:

> tis620.xxxx-x and tis620-x both use negative expand; that is needed for
> combining characters.

As stated above, I think the negative expand is forbidden for monospace
or charcell fonts, according to X spec. So, rendering engines should
also use special placement algorithm to combine the characters, like
what has been done in xterm or emacs.

The exception is for proportional fonts, where negative expand is allowed.

Right?

> The differences are only in tis620-{1,2} that also include in unused places
> variants that allow better looking compositions (to be used by rendering
> engines).

Yeah, that's right.

Regards,
-Thep.
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
Information Research and Development Division, NECTEC