Hi,

At Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:08:02 +0700,
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:

> In fact, they should have been said to be restricted to "UCS" support.
> The special treatment for combining characters can be considered as
> "implementation level 2" in ISO/IEC 10646-1.

Sorry, I don't understand your opinion well.  You said that "-m-" and
"-c-" fonts should be exactly fixed-width, without negative expand nor
offset.  Then, what fonts should terminal emulators (and other column-
based softwares) use?  "-m-*-tis620-0" or "-c-*-tis620-0" fonts which
are exactly fixed-width?  Or, "-p-*-tis620-0" with negative expand
but virtually fixed-width?

I read your web page that advocate usage of "tis620-0" fonts instead
of "tis620.xxxx-x" fonts.  However, the page doesn't mention detailed
technical design of such fonts.  (The page
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/th-xwindow/ seems not accessable now.
Could you please check the page?)

Anyway, I think that native Thai people should have a political voice
for the detailed technical design of tis620.0 fonts, because other people
(including I) don't know how deeply Thai people depend on the de-facto
standard of fonts.

Of course, if Thai people think the modification of the fonts doesn't
cost very much, we (people from all over the world) can attend the
discussion on the detailed technical design of Thai fonts.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/