Kaixo!

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:04:51AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:

> The X server should use a keysym which names the symbol engraved on the
> keycap; applications are responsible for converting that keysym into an
> appropriate sequence of internal operations.  Can you name the symbol?
> Does it currently have an X keysym?

No, there isn't an X keysym for it (originally the Arabic keysyms were
limited to a mapping of iso-8859-6).

> If not, we will create an new keysym.

I think it would be the easier solution.

It should work With XmbLookupString(), after all it returns several bytyes,
or does it checks that the returned bytes are one and only one character ?

I don't know about Xutf8LookupString(), but it uses a char* for holding
the value we want, so it should be possible too.

XwcLookupString() on the other hand uses a wchar, so it is not possible
to make it work in this case; but is that function actually used by
any i18ned program with arabic support ?

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/            PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975