Around 20 o'clock on Feb 20, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:

> I've also seen pictures of Arabic keyboards with keys having combinations
> of diacritics, like kasra+madda (or probably another combination, but you get
> the idea).
>
> Have other traditional and widely used keyboards having similar keys ?

If you guys can put together a list of new keysyms along with their values,
we'll get 'em stuck into keysymdef.h and (by extension) into the X standard.

I suggest starting a new page so that existing apps which assume page 0x05
is for arabic in 8859-6 encoding won't get confused by the new symbols.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab