Hiura-san,

This is the best news in a long time. Thank you for your efforts.  Much
appreciated.

Can you guide us on how to obtain a preview - so we can learn, provide
input and build the CTL engines for other languages.

Once again, much appreciated.

Regards,
Akber Choudhry

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Hideki Hiura wrote:

> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Hideki Hiura)
> > I pushed XomCTL to the opensourcing path for long time, and last time
> > I checked, all copyright holders signed to opensource XomCTL, but I
> > do not know what the obstacle remaining afterall. I will double check the
> > status.
>
> I confirmed that all legal issues with TOG are completely cleared,
> so it is ready to be distributed freely without the TOG licensing fee.
> Now several engineers in li18nux.org and Sun are actively working on
> releasing the XomCTL, especially focusing on verifying its
> functionality on Linux distributions.
> Finally Xlib level CTL support is just right here.
>
> As of the study seen on Solaris 9, at least the support of Arabic,
> Thai, Hebrew and Hindi in Xlib level is enable with this XomCTL.
>
> --
> hiura@{sun.com,li18nux.org,kondara.org,unicode.org} http://www.li18nux.org
> Chair, Li18nux/Linux Internationalization Initiative, Free Standards Group
> Architect/Sr. Staff Engineer, Sun Microsystems, Inc, USA  FAX 650-786-9553

Akber Choudhry
Dyanet Inc.
http://www.dyanet.com/