Around 11 o'clock on Jul 7, David Starner wrote:

> My question here is, since it's clear that fr.orth was written with an eye
> to supporting Latin-1 fonts, why wasn't en.orth written to support ASCII
> fonts? I have quite a few fonts that were made for English use and only
> cover ASCII, and using that ASCII subset, even in places where Latin-1 is
> available, is quite common.

That's a fine question; I did prune the non-Latin1 glyphs from fr.orth to
match existing Latin1 fonts, but I left the non-ASCII glyphs in the
coverage because I have no ASCII-only fonts and didn't realize there still
were some in the wild.  I suppose that was rather naïve of me.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab