On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 10:21:03PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> At Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:06:24 +0700,
> Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
>
> > Hmm.. Looks like it needs some additional configuration, because it
> > works properly on my friend's machine, but not on the one I'm using
> > (both are debian sid).
>
> Did you prepare th_TH.UTF-8 locale (or other UTF-8-based locale) by
> editing /etc/locale.gen and invoking /usr/sbin/locale-gen ?

Yes, I did, on both machines. Hmm.. but the difference is that I've
patched XFree86 on my friend's machine so that it has th_TH.UTF-8 X
locale support without being aliased from en_US.UTF-8.
But is that relevant? It's bash's business, isn't it?

-Thep.
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
Thai Linux Working Group (TLWG)