Hi,

At Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:32:42 +0100,
Jean-Marc Lienher wrote:

> But my question is always unanswered.
> Will Xutf8LookupString supports Unicode KeySyms without strings
> or must I patch Xterm ?
>
> The Xterm patch should look like this :
> ret = Xutf8LookupString(ic, event, buf, 20, &keysym, &status);
>
> if (ret == 0 && keysym & 0xFF000000 == 0x01000000) {
>       ret = unicode_to_utf8(keysym - 0x01000000, buf);
> }
>
> If I work on this patch will I be accepted or I'm wasting my
> time ?

I don't think it is a good idea to force XIM client to be
modified, because Xterm is not the only one XIM client but
there are many XIM client softwares.  You will have to
modify all of them.  However, if you think it is not impossible,
please go ahead.

When you really try to modify XIM clients like above, pleaswe
don't forget to test the modified XIM clients with east Asian
XIM servers like kinput2 and xcin.  East Asian people are
tired to find some softwares cannot use east Asian XIM although
older versions of these softwares can use it.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/