In a recent note, Steve Comstock said:

> Date:         Fri, 20 May 2005 07:10:14 -0600
>
> Don, it would be nice if no forcing to uppercase
> occurred in all situations, but at least when
> PARM is passed to TSO, REXX, or CLIST. Don't know
> if that was implicitly covered in your descriptions
> or not, but I saw a fair number of people with this
> concern, especially if you want to pass HFS path
> names or simply mixed-case strings.

Those are pretty well covered:

o Rexx doesn't force upper.

o TSO provides CALL ... ASIS (Although, IMO, this should be
  the default -- principle of minimal munging.)

o Isn't CLIST a subset of TSO?

Of course, this leaves out c89, which forces upper the PARM
passed to the assembler, but that's a separate issue.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL