Bob Wright wrote:

Mark wrote:

May I ask how one goes about getting those libraries? I believe that I'll be potentially looking at dumps from any z/OS system. This suggests that I'll need to find libraries for the all the various releases.

Mark, if, as it sounds, you function as a vendor for z/OS products, you'll want to contact IBM vendor relations. Hopefully, one of the many vendors who use this forum can give you a specific email address to start you off.

I presented at a vendor disclosure session some time ago where the topic of establishing a distribution process for these libraries was suggested, and everyone in the room at the time seemed to agree that it would be a good thing. Someone from the IBM Dallas contingent of vendor relations folks took it as a to-do to follow up and get back with the group. I lost track of what happened since then.

Bob, we do function as a vendor for IBM OS390 and zOS based products. If anyone has contact information to get me started on this, I would certainly appreciate it.

Installing a copy of all the zOS releases just to get the IPCS libs out of them would seem a bit too daunting and perhaps price prohibative. I have recently talked with some IBM service staff who tell me that they never do this back level procedure.

What are the implications of not doing this library back leveling?

Jim: Thanks for the heads up on the manuals. I'll be looking at those sections very soon.