Hi Lieven,

I went through this with CA-DISK 9.02 last year. Because the product tracks
the internal datasets on that volume, you must use the products utilities to
perform the copy. The merge function can be set up to output to just about
any tape configuration. By using the merge function, you end up squeezing
the data from the 3480 cartridges to the higher capacity tapes and in the
end you have less tapes in your backup pool.

COPYCAT might work but you will not gain the efficiencies of the high
capacity tape. This will only give you a volume to volume copy. You can't
stack other CA-DISK datasets on it because the product records the volume
location of the dataset internally.

Regards,
Neal Kostanski

Transaction Oriented Platforms - Large Server Support
Abbott Laboratories
Ph: 614-624-3613    FAX: 614-727-3613
Yahoo IM: criterion_0