Von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von
Peter Relson
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Juli 2005 13:23
An: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Betreff: Re: VSMLIST OWNCOMM DETAIL

>Is OG orphaned storage (Memory leak) or still owned by someone?
The owner is always the owner assigned when the storage was obtained. OG is far
from always being "orphaned". It just might be misclassified. If you get
storage and terminate and expect to use that storage later then you ought to be
using OWNER=SYSTEM.

>I now have a similiar issue with DB2 and Websphere MQ, It seems most of
them
>happen if the memory allocation is done while HASN <> PASN.
Sounds like they do not specify OWNER=PRIMARY as they should if the intent is
to mark the storage as owned by them.

>Is there a performance issue to omit the OWNER=PRIMARY keyword?
No, nor is there a performance issue to include it.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design