Tom,

There was a flash or something quite a while ago that explained just what
to do for creating the /service directory and how to apply maintenance.  I
spent too long looking for it, but I can't find it now.  I'm not sure if
it's what you want, but I know someone sent the link to IBM-Main a year or
2 ago, and it helped me to set up correctly to do maintenance.  Before I
read that, I just did maintenance, and anything in the HFS was updated
live.  I was lucky - I never got burned.

Hopefully, someone has the link bookmarked.  I thought it would be under
SMP/E, but I didn't see it there.

Eric Bielefeld
P&H Mining Equipment