Thanks, Eric.

Everything I've seen from IBM simply says to clone your HFS and mount it
at /service, but that is hardly adequate when you have 17 MVS images and
can only get a few IPLs per year.  We have several target zones to keep
track of, and we may need to apply service to any of them.  Automount is
the best solution that I know to ensure that the correct HFSes are mounted
at the correct mounty points.

I had written about this several years ago in http://tinyurl.com/ajjmc .

Tom Marchant