Herman

>Really,  I took it out and the job failed.  Put it back in and it worked
>without incident.  And yes I still have it in that job to date.

I would look at the blocksize on each dataset in your concatenation and verify
that you do not have any members blocked greater than the blocksize. A problem
that I have had in the past was someone updating a PDS with a blocksize on the
DD which causes the blocksize in the vtoc to be changed.

I believe Ed and Ted are right about the largest blocksize first restriction on
concatenations being lifted with MVS/ESA.

Regards,
John