On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:33:32 -0400, John Kington wrote:

>I would look at the blocksize on each dataset in your concatenation and verify
>that you do not have any members blocked greater than the blocksize. A problem
>that I have had in the past was someone updating a PDS with a blocksize on the
>DD which causes the blocksize in the vtoc to be changed.

It is a misdesign that the OS allows this ever to happen.  The
principal use of this facility is to correct errors that were
introduced by its earlier inadvertent use.  Simply, any OPEN for
WRITE with overriding attributes where the label contains different
nonzero attributes should ABEND for inconsistent attributes.

If the programmer feels compelled to change attributes the
recourse should be:

o ZAP the VTOC, or

o COPY, reblock, and rename.

-- gil