The latest word from Mark Thomen regarding the future of IMBED/REPLICATE
which I found in IBM-MAIN was:
http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0408&L=ibm-main&P=R51100
This post was from August 2004, and said "future release".

The latest word (as of today) from IBM is here:
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/zos_sods.html
This web page was last updated on July 26, 2005, and said "future release".

Of course, "future release" could (will) change to "next release" at any
time.

Mark Thomen also observed here that IMBED/REPLCATE can be removed from a
catalog by performing an EXPORT/IMPORT (after installing OA10952):
http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0506&L=ibm-main&P=R47099

Brian

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:02:45 -0400, Porowski, Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Ray,
>
>The INCXCISZ tool noted datasets with IMBED and REPLICATE as well as those
with INDXCISZ smaller than the 'new' default.

>Skip,
>What IBM document stated that IMBED goes away in 'R8'?  Last I heard was
that it would go away in some future release after 1.7 (not necessarily the
release immediately after 1.7).