this request is alot easier to accomplish with CICS, which I have done similiar
type of processing.

Haveing said that; In a Rexx Exec You may want to try this:
You can issue an ATTACH for a subtask which wakes up every 1 second
(probably via a STIMER/STIMERM). The sole purpose of the Subtask is to wake up
every 1 second and Post the current Time to a work area. This can be done via a
smaller panel containing only the time field which is displayed from the
subtask. -OR-  the substaks has access to the Panel and current data so that
the subtask re-displays the panel and data with the updated time every second.

I must say it is a bit more complicated than what I have described.
You need to be concerned with the location of the Time field on every panel,
You need to be able to shut down the subtask when you leave the Rexx Function.
There are probably other considerations which I have not thought of.

I have never tried this from rexx or clist, but it would be interesting to see
If you could accomplish it.

My 2c

Paul D'Angelo
Enterprise System Software