The rational choices are (IMHO) FB/80 or VB/255.

1. FB/255 makes no sense.
2. I tend to stick with FB/80 due to the use of ISPF edit -and- Mod 2/3/4
3270 emulation.

Hayim
_____________________________________
Hayim Sokolsky, CISSP
    Mainframe Security Architect
    DTCC Corporate Information Security
    18301 Bermuda Green Dr, MS 1-CIS
    Tampa FL 33647-1760

    Tel. (813) 470-2177

Rick Fochtman <rfocht...@ync.net>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
2009.09.10 16:44
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
CLIST/REXX Library Formats

I'm involved in a discussion (read "argument") with co-workers where I'm
currently doing a consulting gig.

Which is more effieient for CLIST/REXX libraries? the choices are
"RECFM=FB, LRECL=255" or "RECFM=FB,LRECL=80"?

I lean toward the VB-format, btt I have at least one person here
insisting that FB/80 is a "Industry standard" and is absolutely
mandatory. The libraries are NOT LLA/VLF managed.

Opinions and/or criticisms, please.

Rick

<FONT size=2><BR>
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.</FONT>