Clists use to parse to the end of the record. One could enter a command on a
line followed by comments, and clist would still parse to the end of record.
Back in the day, VB performed better.

With VLF, it pretty much doesn't matter. You indicated VLF is not a
consideration so it really comes down to personal preference. I think VB is a
PITA, so I never use it. IBM, and most vendors, ship FB format for Rexx and
clists. If you like VB, and don't need to concatenate with FB, there is no
compelling reason to change.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software