Hi Lizette,

I can't help you with backup, as when I did a Linux Lpar at P&H, we never got far enough to bother backing it up. I'm just curious though, your are doing this for 1 lpar only? You don't need z/VM for that. I assume this is part of a pilot and you will be getting many Linux machines.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lizette Koehler" <stars...@mindspring.com>

We are planning a Linux Partition under z/VM. I have been reading a lot of manuals and articles.

My question is - Do you backup the volumes for Linux from the mainframe side - using something like FDR INSTANT? Or is there a more preferred way to backup Linux volumes?

Lizette