On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:56:31 -0700, Howard Rifkind
<ibm_m...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Want cheap..hire a newbie low salary and what not.
>
>Want to get the job done pick an experience sysprog.

Ok.  2 not particularly compatable problems:
1.  a large number of experienced programmers out of work
2.  a large numberof programmers soon to retire

IBM's initiative is directed at #2 but may make #1 worse.

You can bet the freshly minted graduates are going to need training
that wasn't provided in college.   So maybe the unemployed
programmers should sell their skills as tutors and trainers.  (Oops.
Sorry Steve.  I forgot about #3 - languishing trainers.)

Pat O'Keefe