On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:56:31 -0700, Howard Rifkind
<ibm_m...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Want cheap..hire a newbie low salary and what not.
>
>Want to get the job done pick an experience sysprog.

Well 25 years ago the same decisions had to be made and that was when the
American Universities were outputting mainframe skills.  So nothing will change
in that respect.  Although that I know of many of those experienced sysprogs
out of work are coming back in at greatly reduced salaries :( to try and
compete with India and the newbies.  So a company can get an experienced
sysprog pretty cheap today.  So the first crop of newbies may be the ones to
feel the problem in that if a company had to choose between a cheap newbie and
a cheap experienced sysprog they'll go for the cheap experience for a little
while,  unless the experience starts to reach retirement age anyway and they
shy away from them...

James DeGhelder