Hello Timothy !

Thanks for the information. I had found that stuff on the Web too but wondered if there was something hidden in the OS/2 Warp system.

Question:  How do I load the USB drivers into the Warp machine ?

I can't use the USB port.

There is a CD-ROM device on the machine. Can a normal OS/2 Warp user see the CD-ROM ? If so, I guess I could load up that way ?

What are some of the possible implications of using the USB drivers ?
Our use would be only for use with PCOMM in a Disaster Recovery exercise.

Regards

Lorne Dudley
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario
Canada

Timothy Sipples wrote:
I don't think USB is supported on the HMC. There are no USB device drivers
loaded, as far as I know.

There is a free (but limited) set of USB mass storage device drivers for
OS/2 available here:

http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=cwusb

Your USB key may use FAT32 rather than FAT16. Format it for FAT16 for best
results. (That will work efficiently enough with USB memory keys up to 2GB
in size.) However, a FAT32 driver for OS/2 is available here:

http://fat32.netlabs.org

You're totally on your own with these drivers. They aren't supported on the
HMC. And you need to think through all the implications of using them and
turning on the USB port(s).

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan / Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com