On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:50:29 +0100 "J. Cassidy" <s...@jdcassidy.net> wrote:

:>am trying to run (believe it or not) an OS/390 2.4 guest under z/VM 5.3
:>(0703) on a CP (z990).

:>The usual CP Directory statements are in place, memory is 1G.

:>I am getting as far as the first reply request, see below:

:>===
:>IEA371I SYS1.PARMLIB ON DEVICE 0847 SELECTED FOR IPL PARAMETERS
:>IEA246I LOAD   ID 00 SELECTED
:>IEA519I IODF DSN = SYS1.IODF01
:>IEA520I CONFIGURATION ID = MVSCP00 . IODF DEVICE NUMBER = 0847
:>IEA091I NUCLEUS 1 SELECTED
:>IEA370I MASTER CATALOG SELECTED IS SYS1.MCAT.VRESI25
:>IEA101A SPECIFY SYSTEM PARAMETERS FOR OS/390 02.04.00 JBB6604
:>===

:>As soon as I reply with >>r 00,sysp=00,clpa<< everything dies with a
:>HCPGIR453W CP entered; program interrupt loop message.

:>There is not much on Google about the above configuration, I have tried
:>everything I can think of.

:>I hope this is not an "architectural" problem..

:>Anyone any ideas??

What does the program old psw show?

What does the directory entry show?

What is the response from Q SET?