-----------------------------------<snip>----------------------------------

I just believe that's the way CEOs and CIOs will read it.  Most of them really
think that the mainframe, especially using z/OS, is old technology even with
the changes that have been put in place.

I really love this board.  I post a link to a article about Accenture
recommending that banks retool their core system to new technology and we get
into a discussion of COBOL vs JAVA and other areas and finally get back to the
original topic.  Mind, I'm not complaining.  It's all been a fun read.
Tom, in one sense you may be right; CEO's and CIO's usually, though not always, think of "new technology" as the latest upgrades for that box on the desk; you know, the one with the keyboard, mouse and monitor plugged into the back. And unfortunately, all too often they owe their positions to another position: kneeling behind someone else. But remember that the term "new technology" can cover a whole ocean of changes, some good and others not so good. It's the technicians, like us, that have to try to educate some of these overpaid fools.

Rick