----------------------<snip>--------------------------------:

Accenture is saying that now might be the time for banks to replace
their core systems and retool to new technology.  They don't actually
say it, but it sounds to me like their saying that big banks should get
off the mainframe.  ---- comments?

Comment: Their banking system (Alnova, formerly Altamira) is mainframe based. Actually z/OS. I strongly doubt they want to convince their own customers to get rid off their product.

Q: Why do you think that new technology means non-mainframe?

Whether "new technology" means new software, or a complete "sweep the floor" exercise, massive changes in business-critical applications and support code should be made incrementally. There's just no sense at all in putting the entire business at risk by making massive changes. Any changes need to be planned carefully, with backout and contingency plans, including "disaster recovery" plans.

Just my opinion......

Rick