John,

Why is it you think you need to increase the size of the VTOC Index?  What do
you mean by very small?

>>> John Dawes <jhn_da...@yahoo.com.au> 12/22/2009 10:04 AM >>>
Good Evening To All,

We have noticed that some of the VIRs on several volumes are very small.  We
would like to increase the size.  I am not sure if I am on the right track this
is why I need your help.

The VIR exsists on the volume and in order to increase the size I will need to
purge it and reallocate it.  Below are the 2 jobs I would like to use.  Would
they work?  Is there another way of going about it?  I would welcome your
suggestions.

Job to delete the VTOCIX

//STEP1 EXEC PGM=ICKDSF,REGION=3M
//MYVOL DD  UNIT=(3390,,DEFER),VOL=SER=PROD21,
//          DSN=SYS1.VTOCIX.PROD21,DISP=SHR
//SYSIN     DD *
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD  *
BUILDIX DDNAME(MYVOL) OSVTOC PURGE
/*
Job to build the VTOCIX

/*
//STEP01   EXEC PGM=ICKDSF,REGION=4M,PARM='NOREPLYU'
//PROD21   DD DSN=SYS1.VTOCIX.PROD21,UNIT=SYSALLDA,
//      VOL=SER=PROD21,DISP=NEW,SPACE=(CYL,(2))
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD *
  BUILDIX  IXVTOC,DDNAME(PROD21)
/*
//

Thanks in advance

See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now:
http://au.movies.yahoo.com/session-times/

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received
this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to
the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy
the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or
destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if
you communicate with us by email. Thank you.