From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2009 8:49 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: INCREASING SIZE OF VIR - VTOC INDEX RECORD

I want some of what they're smokin'.    It's either full, or it's not
and there
is no performance difference that I ever heard of.  Actually, if you
could measure it, perhaps a (grossly) over-allocated VTOCIX would
probably perform worse.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.
OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or
disclose the content of all email communications.