On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:06:49 -0600, McKown, John
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:

>OK, I'm being Scrooge. But we have a person here who loves to use the JES2
SPOOL as a report repository. Most likely due to it being "easy" and not
needing to bother with estimating his dataset size requirements. So, what
would people think about being able to put a quota on JES2 SPOOL space by
userid? Of course, scheduled jobs (test, model office/q&a, and prod) would
need to run under an exempt userid. And I guess STCs should be exempt also.
What about TSO logons? And what should happen when the quota is exhausted?
An abend? An I/O error reported to the job?

A consulted at a shop many years ago that did something similar.  They
used JES2 EXIT2  to put all development work on a development spool
volume or volumes using the spool mask in the JCT (based on account code).
It also checked the percentage used of those volumes and if over some
percentage (IIRC 80%) it would set a bit in JCTUSERn and EXIT3 would
then fail the job based on that bit.   Fencing (SPOOLDEF) must be active
for this to work.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden