I would send all the programmers output to a certain class and when the
spool gets full, delete the oldest output in that class.

Kenneth

David Waldman <david.p.wald...@lmco.com>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
12/23/2009 02:12 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: JES SPOOL "quota" by user?

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:06:49 -0600, McKown, John
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:

>OK, I'm being Scrooge. But we have a person here who loves to use the
JES2
SPOOL as a report repository. Most likely due to it being "easy" and not
needing to bother with estimating his dataset size requirements. So, what
would people think about being able to put a quota on JES2 SPOOL space by
userid? Of course, scheduled jobs (test, model office/q&a, and prod) would

need to run under an exempt userid. And I guess STCs should be exempt
also.
What about TSO logons? And what should happen when the quota is
exhausted? An abend? An I/O error reported to the job?

The Who'ville Company employed a Grinch that loved to send his
reports to the spool.

In that same company was a programmer who got fed up and decide
to write an automation rule.

The rule could ensure that the Grinch's reports were retained, purged or
printed.

And the programmer's boss was happy that a new exit didn't have to be
invented!

Merry Christmas,
Dave