---------------------------------------<snip>-----------------------------
OK, I'm being Scrooge. But we have a person here who loves to use the JES2 SPOOL as a report repository. Most likely due to it being "easy" and not needing to bother with estimating his dataset size requirements. So, what would people think about being able to put a quota on JES2 SPOOL space by userid? Of course, scheduled jobs (test, model office/q&a, and prod) would need to run under an exempt userid. And I guess STCs should be exempt also. What about TSO logons? And what should happen when the quota is exhausted? An abend? An I/O error reported to the job?
John, we "nipped that in the bud" by implementing automatic commands that purged item from the spool based on their age. And we set the age limit fairly low; 3 days for test and 8 days for production. Use the wrong sysout class and you could have some "unexpected results.' :-)

Rick