On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:55:22 -0500, Michael Wojcik
<mwoj...@newsguy.com> wrote:

>> If the cook does an
>> extraordinary job, we rarely tip him.
>
>At many better restaurants, servers are expected to share a portion of
>their tips with the kitchen staff.

Sure - but his tips aren't related to his doing an extra special job
this time.

A barber raising his rates from $9 to $9.50 will get paid the same $10
as before, regardless of how good the haircut is.   If it's bad, we
will switch barbers.

If my grandkids leave a mess at a self-service restaurant, the cleanup
crew gets a tip from me.   I don't see others doing that though.