Which Service Class takes the beating, the WLM managed one or the JES managed?

Yea, I don't understand why IBM took out MTTW save Dis.

--- On Fri, 1/15/10, Staller, Allan <allan.stal...@kbm1.com> wrote:

From: Staller, Allan <allan.stal...@kbm1.com>
Subject: Re: WLM BATCH rules
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date: Friday, January 15, 2010, 7:55 PM

<snip>
Assuming the system was 100% busy, those lower service classes might
not get any service at all.  Not just "switch between" one or more
service
classes.
</snip>

This is true. In my case there is enough for one or the other, but
seldom both (usually about 2/3 of what the batch workloads "want").

<snip>
Also when you wrote " A short time later, ..."  I assumed you
were talking about something much longer than a 10 second WLM
adjustment interval.  Perhaps many minutes.
</snip>

Initially yes. It *was* sometimes on the order of minutes. As I said the
WLM L2 folks set me straight.
Now it takes, in most cases 2 or 3 adjustment cycles for WLM to react,
not dozens or hundreds as before.

Still haven't been able to completely eliminate the "alternating
distribution" entirely.