Allan,

I'm interested in your statement about DB2 being managed at the
transaction level (usually).  As far as I know DB2 is not transaction
managed the way CICS or IMS is.  DB2/DDF does do its processing via
enclaves, but that is different from the type of transaction processing
that is done for CICS and IMS.  I expect that most shops set up their
DDF first period with a response time goal, but you can also set up a
batch service class period with a response time goal, and that certainly
isn't transaction type management.

Tom Kelman
Enterprise Capacity Planner
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

WLM
> more responsive. I.E. MPL/DP adjustment made sooner rather than later.
>
> This has lead to more periods of "continuous distribution" and fewer
of
> "alternating distribution". However, I have not been able to
completely
> eliminate the "alternating distribution" phenomenon.
>
> This has been explained to my satisfaction and I feel this is an
> artifact of my particular workloads. I do concur with Ted, that the
> design choice made then may have been less than optimal but I have to
> live with it and get my work done.

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.