On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 11:47:41 -0800 shai hess <shai.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

:>>As an emulation, would you not be able to see the encrypted values for the
:>>minor subset of values that you will produce? In other words, you do not
:>need
:>>all possible values - just those that your emulation will produce.

:>You need subset of about 4,000,000,000 numbers. Each CCCCCCCH must have a
:>unique value.

:> The encrypted value is the most important value in sense (The track
:>address) which enable Erep to recover IO error.

I took a quick look at the ERP manual and I could not find the reference to
encryption of the address. But as EAV is extended addressing, perhaps there is
a need to compress the data to fit a smaller field.

:> Of course this is not possible.

Of course it is. It depends on how much effort you wish to spend.

How does your emulation indicate I/O errors? Is track/cylinder recovery
possible?

:>Shai

:>On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com