>>Never resulted in an IPL with my own such code . :)

>There is always a FIRST time combined with Murphy's law, then you'll be
>zapped by your boss. ;-D

I've always interpreted that 'first time' reference to only include things that
actually happen. For example: programming errors occur, so there must have
been a FIRST program error, or bad vendor products are sold, so there must
have been a first bad product. But to assume something bad that has not
happened will eventually happen is a pessimistic view of things. Although less
likely to occur, I could use the same logic to assert that there will be a
first
time for the planet Earth to suddenly leave its orbit around Sol, change to
antimatter, and instantaneously transport itself across the universe. The first
time that happens, my boss won't be very happy either.

Nevertheless, part of my responsibility in undertaking such a potentially
dangerous task is to do everything I can to ensure there is no first time
failure
and subsequent unpleasant boss zapping.