In the past, in my case, the Storage Admin needed a high level manager with a
brain (or a backbone). I literally would get calls in the early morning about
space abends in production (Production!). My only recourse was to logon to TSO,
go into ISMF, find all datasets older than 3 days, sort them by space allocated
and HSM migrate some to TAPE! I could not get any more DASD because the array
was full. We did not have the money to get another or newer array.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell