You got me on the push-pull bit :-)

That is pretty much what I plan to do by giving the new VTS a different
range of addresses but I need to migrate all the existing data over (HSM,
etc.) so I would have problems with UNIT=TAPE as I would not be able to
determine into which VTS the data is being written into. We need to run with
them both concurrently for a short period of time.

Thanks, Seb.