How are your naming standards?   Is your current library controlled though
SMS?

You can control all your new tape allocations through your SMS routines
and don't have to worry about or change your esoterics at all.  You may
want to have  your new tape addresses added to your esoterics.  I didn't
really sweat that part.  I've done 2 VTS migrations to date and I'll
probably be starting the 3rd one the end of this/next month depending on
some hardware decisions.

Have you considered how you're moving your old data over to the new
library?  I've used OpenTec's TapeCopy product for the last 2 moves and
plan on using it for the next move too.  It works great - keeps all the
CA1 information in-sync - multi-volume, stacked, cataloged/uncataloged -
it handled it all.  I'm sure others can say the same about other products.

Moving the new allocations over to the new library is pretty
straight-forward - moving the old data over can be a bit more tricky and
you'll need to do some careful planning to get it done.
ddk

>You got me on the push-pull bit :-)

>That is pretty much what I plan to do by giving the new VTS a different
>range of addresses but I need to migrate all the existing data over (HSM,
>etc.) so I would have problems with UNIT=TAPE as I would not be able to
>determine into which VTS the data is being written into. We need to run
with
>them both concurrently for a short period of time.

>Thanks, Seb.

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:56:12 -0500, Lizette Koehler
><stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>>I guess that will depend.
>>
>>Are you doing a push-pull?  So only one Tape Type will be active at one
>>time?
>
>>Are your ACS routines reviewed?
>
>>I did not change my esoteric name, only the device addresses defined to
that
>>esoteric when I moved from STK to VTS.  So "TAPE" had B00-B25 in it and
>>had removed the Af0-Aff.  But it was always TAPE.
>>
>>Lizette

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or
other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.