DELVOL will delete all of the dataset backups on the tape and then purge the
tape.

IIRC, this is a backup tape in question.
In the example below, LASTCOPY refers to a dump version, not a dataset backup,
hence the command should be:

HSEND DELVOL xxxxxx BACKUP(PURGE).

You could also do HBDELETE's for the individual files.

HTH,

<snip>
I tried the RECYCLE however it did not fix the problem because it took all the
entries from the original tape and wrote it on to another tape.  If I issue
the DELVOL command would it delete the tape as well as all the dsns on that
tape or will it create another tape?

This is the first time I am going to try the DELVOL and I am not sure of the
ramifications.

...snippage

HSEND DELVOL xxxxxx DUMP(PURGE LASTCOPY))

Check the manual for exact spelling of lastcopy.

HTH,
</snip>