IBM's introduction of the zPDT would seem to be a cost-effective and viable
alternative for the small developer.

John P. Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Scott T. Harder
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 10:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Mainframe emulator part of a conspira cy • The Register

I really enjoyed reading this article, but in the end it left me flat again;
with no hope of a viable solution to the problem.  I had no idea that this
issue went back so far in history, which also added to my dismay about the
whole thing.

I don't know about you all, but those FLEX-ES boxes were a ton of fun to work
on (and the P/390... never worked on a Multiprise, but those looked fun too).
Why can't we have that again??  I'd be running z/OS and actively doing
development for the platform *right now* if I had that capability.  As it is,
it seems to me that IBM does nothing but hurt themselves and the platform in
general with their current stance (sorry for the quite obvious statement).

Also sorry that I can't afford Dallas on my own.  What am I to do but to learn
C#?????

Scott T. Harder
Mainframe Services, Inc.
Naples, FL