Good question. It appears to be an "industry standard" that your home license
is __allowed by the vendor__ to be used in a disaster scenario without any
extra cost. But this is likely a part of the software license itself. And, at
least in IBM's case, that may include language such as: " licensed for use on
approved hardware in a disaster scenario without extra charge". I.e. the
license probably still stops the use on "unapproved" equipment, such as a PC
running Hercules/390. Of course, this is just my guess.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets®

9151 Boulevard 26 • N. Richland Hills • TX 76010
(817) 255-3225 phone • (817)-961-6183 cell
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com • www.HealthMarkets.com

HealthMarkets® is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by the
insurance subsidiaries of HealthMarkets, Inc. –The Chesapeake Life Insurance
Company®, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA
Life and Health Insurance Company.SM