shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net (Shmuel Metz  , Seymour J.) writes:
> The 2305-1 and 2305-2 were disks; the drums were 2301 and 2303. Unlike the
> drums, the fixed-head disks had[1] 8 exposures and RPS.
>
> [1] AFAIK the 2305 was the first device to have multiple exposures,
>     RPS or 2-byte channel connections.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010g.html#22 Mainframe Executive article on the
death of tape

that was why i prefixed the lead into the email
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010g.html#email800710

with explanation that 2305 were physically fixed-head disks. however, it
had become regular practice to refer to paging drums from the 2301
history ... and it carried over to referring to 2305 as paging drums

I then repeated part of the explanation with the leadin to the
immediate following email
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010g.html#email800804

as mentioned in earlier post in thread, I had tried to add multiple
exposures for fixed-head 3350 feature ... but got shutdown by JUPITER
effort in POK (which thot that they might be doing an electronic paging
disk/drum)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010g.html#11 Mainframe Executive article on the
death of tape

other posts in thread:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010f.html#65 Mainframe Executive article on the
death of tape
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010g.html#24 Mainframe Executive article on the
death of tape

--
42yrs virtualization experience (since Jan68), online at home since Mar1970