Don Williams pisze:
[...]
A fair number of years ago I submitted a DCR suggesting that customers
should have an optional facility to control access to APF libraries. I don't
remember the details I suggested.

Well, what control did you suggest, at least in general?
I ask, because there are CSVAPF.nnnn profiles (CSV*.** in general) in the FACILITY class. For 10+ years. Of course we still have regular DATASET control along with AUDIT(ALL) - to trace activities of persons who have authorization.

Perhaps it was CLASS(FACILITY)
'APF.data-set-name' or maybe a new class CLASS(APFLIB) 'data-set-name'.

Looks quite similar to CSVAPF.libname CL(FACILITY).

In
either case, the profile would apply to all APF libraries, in addition to
their normal RACF profiles. APF libraries would have some protection, even
if they had no regular data set profile.

A profile like CLASS(APFLIB) **
UACC(READ) would prevent updates to all APF libraries, but allow execution.
DATASET profiles already provide such control. UPDATE allows changes, while read allows read and execution. Why do you think that something else is needed? Just curious.

BTW: (this only my observation, YMMV)
I noticed that CSV*.** profiles are rarely used (never used in fact). Maybe the reason is that APF/LNKLST/LPA changes are done by sysprogs, and in fact RACF admin has no reason to ask "why" when a sysprog wants to change any of the lists. The answer would be "because it's my job, I'm installing ABC product".

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2009 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
wpacony) wynosi 118.763.528 zotych. W zwizku z realizacj warunkowego
podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchway XXI WZ z dnia 16 marca
2008r., oraz uchway XVI NWZ z dnia 27 padziernika 2008r., moe ulec
podwyszeniu do kwoty 123.763.528 z. Akcje w podwyszonym kapitale zakadowym
BRE Banku SA bd w caoci opacone.