We're getting ready to move to z/OS 1.11 has anyone else experienced
what Mary Anne has?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Mary Anne Matyaz
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 12:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: z/OS 1.11

I know this post is probably going to be met with a lot of angst, but
I've
debated it a good bit and decided I need to warn people.

z/OS 1.11 has been the toughest migration we have done in like 9-10
years.

Please note, the above is my OPINION.

Our troubles have not had anything to do with preparation, the migration

guide, etc. Our troubles are all being addressed by IBM and OEM fixes.

If you are planning to go to z/os 1.11, please stay on top of the
hipers. I've
tried to get a list of open apars, but to no avail. Right now I have 5
open
apars myself!  That's never happened to me in 25 years of systems
programming. And we're not beta, or even really, bleeding edge.
The worst open apar I have now is OA32271, followed by OA32286. We can't

run Hiperdispatch in z/os 1.11, as we still have a hang issue that
occurs when
we turn it on, no apar yet.

Does anyone know the appropriate search term in IBMLink to get open
apars?

Again, I hesitated with this because all shops are different and YMMV,
but I
think this list is all about helping each other out, and that is my
intent.

Thanks!
Mary Anne

==========================
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.