just found out Linux>> per Linux guy>> 1492 is the mtu size he sees from
his image??
is there not a specification on Linux or ?? where you specify it as a Gig
Ethr ?

----- Forwarded by Ron Wells/AGFS/AGFin on 04/13/2010 03:39 PM -----

From:
Ron Wells/AGFS/AGFin
To:
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Date:
04/13/2010 03:15 PM
Re: LINUX on the MAINFRAME

does anyone have any base numbers they could share...
(example)
We are shaking down z/VM 5.4-rsu0901-own lpar-4gig central/1.5
expanded..(1) IFL
All following Linux images are at SP3/(1) webshhere7(server pack unknow) /
(1)DB2Connect Linux and couple others as test/devl images ...2gig for each
image

Vswitch set for (1)OSA-E Gig ..

Hypersockets used between the Linux images/VM and z/OS(running in seperate
lpar ).

The outbound traffic-OSAGig connect to a AS400(s) test at this point DB2
servers..

Was thinking something in Linux definition that could slow things down>>
like it's definition for OSAgig.?